Read before you do the update. There are a few issues which is listed in the sec post of the Manjaro – Forum.
I did already the update without any problems. I used only the terminal of KDE.
How do I do updates via TTY-terminal?
This is a really major update release, with a lot of changes. To limit the risk of breakage in the middle of an system upgrade (which could lead to a broken system that will need to be repaired), you may want to do the system upgrade within a minimalist command-line environment. To do so:
- Press CTRL+ALT+F2 (or F3, F4, F5, F6) to go into a pure command line interface.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Once logged in, you’ll have access to a CLI shell, like if you were using a terminal. Use
sudo pacman -Syyu(or other equivalent command) to update your system.
To go back to your regular desktop, press CTRL+ALT+F7. On some systems, it can be CTRL+ALT+F1 instead.
Welcome to our sixth stable update for 2019, which marks also the release of Manjaro v18.0.3 to all our branches. This is again a major update to Manjaro itself. It took us a while to get this update stable enough. Please keep attention also to our troubleshoot section to avoid caveats during updating your system. Deepin users should pay extra attention, as we expect breakage.
So with no further ado, what do we have with this update?
- we updated systemd to v241 6 – it has issues with encrypted devices 40 (upstream needs your feedback to solve it properly). However, we added 159 additional patches 14 so far to v241 series. It is critical to accept the replacement of libsystemd with systemd-libs during this update
- most of our kernels got updated
- Plasma5 is now at 5.15.0 17
- KDE Framework is now at 5.55.0 10
- KDE Apps got needed fixes in 18.12.2 8
- with Qt 5.12.1 more than 300 issues got solved. Get more information about it from here 17
- all the new features you may find in LibreOffice 6.2 17
- lot of new features got into Calamares 3.2.4 31 – featured in our Manjaro v18.0.3
- VirtualBox 6.0.4 has some needed fixes 26
- the development UI Gambas got a new release 25
- wine is now at 4.2 6
- wine-staging is now at 4.2 2
- wine-staging-nine is now at 4.1
- we updated the brave browser to its latest release in standard and beta release series
- Firefox got its sixth beta release of v66 series
- a newer texlive snapshot got added
- we added the latest grub and vulkan packages
- most firmwares got updated
- some deepin packages got renewed. We expect breakage, so update your Deepin version of Manjaro with caution and report issues ASAP in a separat thread in our community support section 15!
- the usual Python and Haskell updates/rebuilds
We hope with all these changes Manjaro to be more efficient for you all.
More at – forum.manjaro.org